Capitol Mall Recycling
Recycling services for tenant agencies in the Capitol Mall.
Blue recycling bins are located throughout Capitol Mall common areas. These bins are serviced by custodial staff, and Allied Waste Service collects the consolidated recycling from central collection bins. The company processes approximately 60,000 tons of material each year - with approximately 1,000 tons coming from the Capitol Mall.
Please place ALL recyclables in the single bin. Allied Waste Service will separate the contents. This method is called mixed recycling, and it allows us to use just one bin for everything rather than needed separate bins for each type if recyclable item.
These items CAN be recycled:
- Cardboard boxes (PLEASE BREAK BOXES DOWN!)
- Construction paper (w/o glitter & glue)
- Paper bags
- Office waste paper (any color)
- Computer paper
- Fax Paper
- Phone books
- Junk mail & envelopes
- Envelopes (cellophane windows are okay)
- Cereal & frozen food boxes (remove liners)
- Plastics (all plastics #1-7 [except bags])
- Empty aerosol cans
These items CANNOT be recycled:
- Anything food-related (such as food-covered frozen meal dishes)
- Used paper towels or tissues
- Black trash bags
- Grocery bags