CMS: Capitol Mall Services – Conference Rooms
Terms and Conditions for Use
Idaho Capitol Mall conference rooms usage terms & conditions:
- Available bookings hours: 8am-5pm weekdays, excluding holidays.
- Room setups must be requested 1 week in advance. If we are doing the setup for you, the first HOUR of your reservation must be available for setup. It may not take a full hour, but we need that time to be sure we can schedule the necessary staff resources. Make your reservation accordingly. You are always free to do your own setups.
- Custom setup sketches must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than one week in advance.
- RESERVATION CANCELLATION: You must cancel an existing reservation a minimum of 48 hours prior to start time in order to not be charged. Instructions for cancellation are at cms.idaho.gov/confrooms/help/.
- You will have access to your room for your reserved time ONLY — if you need additional time for any reason, either adjust your reservation accordingly, or contact me for help.
- You may NOT move equipment or furnishing out of the room.
- The fire door between JRW East and JRW West conference rooms must remain closed, and the area in front of them completely clear, at all times.
- Your use of the booking system is subject to these terms, and a failure to abide by these terms may result in a cancellation of your login.
- DO NOT REMOVE, ALTER, OR OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH THE LECTERN MICROPHONES. Removing the gooseneck mic leads to the cord falling into the lectern, and repair involves disturbing the electronics inside. Lecterns will be checked after each reservation, and if repairs are needed due to microphone fiddling, there may be a charge to the reserving agency. You may move the mic around — it’s articulated for that purpose.
- DO NOT UNPLUG THE LECTERNS. If you do not need the microphone, turn it off on the lectern.
YOUR CLEANUP RESPONSIBILITIES:
A room that is not left properly cleaned may result in a fee. Please do the following before you vacate a room:
- Erase whiteboard
- Putting trash (soda cans, cups, napkins, wrappers, etc…) in receptacles
- Wipe up food and drink spills
- Remove equipment or other items you brought
- Assure that caterer’s equipment (coffee pots, cups, ice containers, etc…) is removed from room
YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- General dusting or cleaning of tabletops (except for spills)
- Stacking or organizing tables or chairs