Maintaining grounds and landscaping in the Idaho Capitol Mall.
302. MAINTENANCE AND IMPROVEMENTS. Public Use shall not interfere with State Maintenance and Improvements. The Department will publish the regular maintenance and improvement schedule at the website address set forth in Section 005 of these rules. The regular maintenance and improvement schedule may be modified due to weather, staffing, emergency repairs, equipment failures, funding changes, contract modifications, State Events and Exhibits or other causes arising after the schedule’s publication.
These schedules may be modified without notification due to weather, holidays, staffing, emergency repairs, equipment failures, funding changes, contract modifications, State Events and Exhibits, or other causes that arise.
Monday: 8th Street parking, PTC, DPW, Blind Commission, Alex House
Tuesday: Parking Garage #1, Library, Supreme Court
Wednesday: LBJ, JRW, Capitol Annex, Parking Garage #2
Thursday: Capitol Bldg, Borah Bldg, Stuenenberg Park
SEASONAL ACTIVITIES NOT SCHEDULED
- Irrigation repairs and adjustments
- Grounds repairs
- Planting bed maintenance
- Leaf removal
- Snow removal and de-icing
- Tree trimming
SPRINKLERS AND IRRIGATION
- Irrigation start date: March 28, 2022
- Sprinkler systems throughout the Capitol Mall are controlled with Acclima® moisture sensor systems, which automatically water when in-ground sensors determine watering is necessary.
- The irrigation systems typically operate during evening hours, between 6 PM until 6 AM, but may occur during daytime hours.