By submitting a new or renewal application for parking, or by using a parking tag or permit that has been issued to you for use in the Capitol Mall, you affirm that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- How Deductions Work: Your departmental payroll clerk will be contacted and asked to deduct from your pay each month the amount of the current parking fee ($8). Monthly parking fees will be deducted from the first paycheck of the month for that month’s parking privileges. Such deductions shall continue each month until termination of your employment or notice by you of cancellation and return of your parking tag, submitted to Facilities Services as per the instructions detailed at Parking page.
- Cancelling Deductions: If you need to cancel your tag for any reason, or if you transfer to another agency, you must follow the cancellation instructions at Parking page. Turning in your tag to someone in your agency, or telling someone in your agency of the change, does NOT constitute notifying Facilities Services. If you fail to follow correct cancellation procedure, you will be held liable for any parking deductions that are missed or lost, or for the replacement cost of a lost tag.
- No Interest Paid: No interest will be paid by your employer on your accumulated funds.
- You Agree to the Rules: You agree to abide by the Administrative Rules governing the Capitol Mall Parking program (IDAPA 38 TITLE 04).
- Proper Display of Tags: You are authorized to park in Capitol Mall parking only if your CMP parking tag is properly displayed, and that a failure to display the tag properly may result in citation. “Failure to display properly” includes placing the tag in such a position or location as to not be readily and easily visible from the exterior of your vehicle. Security does not “know your vehicle,” and if you park without a tag visibly displayed, you WILL receive a citation. If you forget your tag one day, go to Security for a temporary permit.
- No Guarantee of a Space: Possession and proper display of a CMP parking tag authorizes you to park in a Capitol Mall Parking area, but does NOT guarantee the availability of a parking space. During the Legislative Session, parking is limited, and you may not be able to find a place to park. If you choose to park in metered street parking, you are thereby under the jurisdiction of the City of Boise.
- Obey Traffic Signs – Signals: You are required to obey all traffic direction signs, indicators, and arrows in all Capitol Mall parking areas, including the State parking garage at 550 W. State Street. Repeated incidents of traveling against directional arrows may result in citation and/or parking privilege suspension.
- Name Change: If your name changes, you must notify Facilities Services of the change. If you fail to do so, you will be held liable for any parking deductions that are missed or lost.
- Changes to this Information: Changes posted to this page are effective immediately, and you are responsible for making yourself familiar with any changes that occur here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You are eligible for a Capitol Mall Parking (CMP) parking tag if your office is in a Capitol Mall Complex building that is controlled and operated by Facilities Services, and if you receive a paycheck from the State Controller’s Office (this does not mean you have to work for the State Controller’s Office specifically, just that you receive a State paycheck).
If you are employed by a temporary services agency, such as ProPeople, and are working for a Capitol Mall agency, then you may be eligible for a permit. See Parking page under “Temp Employees” for more information.
You do not need to sign up early. When you sign up and submit your application, you will receive a temporary permit that you can print from the screen and use immediately, until your parking tag arrives. This is designed to make it easy for you to sign up when you start work in the Mall.
After your application has been approved, the payroll clerk from your agency will be instructed to set up a monthly deduction from your paycheck. Monthly parking fees will be deducted from the first paycheck of the month for that month’s parking privileges.
Parking spaces in the Capitol Complex are limited, and possession of a general parking permit does NOT guarantee the availability of spaces. There are times of the year, particularly during Legislative Session, when parking spaces are very limited, and you may not be able to find a parking space. During those times, arriving early (before 8:00 a.m.) and checking more distant parking areas will increase your chances of finding a place to park.
After you submit your correctly-completed electronic application, you will see a temporary parking permit on the screen. This is for you to print, and is valid for 5 business days. Meanwhile, your application will be processed and your permanent tag will be mailed to you via Statehouse mail.